Thursday, May 31, 2012

Clerking for a Memphis Divorce Attorney


A Day in the Life of a Law Clerk

As I conclude my third week as the “new law clerk” at Rice, Amundsen, and Caperton PLLC, I am (pleasantly) surprised at the amount of experience I have already gained. It did not take me long to discover that clerks live a fast-paced life and must be prepared to take on any task at any given time. A typical day as a clerk could include running to Court to file documents, drafting pleadings and letters, or taking care of simple office tasks such as scanning and/or copying documents. A law clerk’s job description is innumerous.

                One of the greatest things about clerking at Rice, Amundsen, and Caperton PLLC, however, is the relationship that the clerks have with the attorneys. Within my first week as a law clerk at Rice, Amundsen, and Caperton PLLC, it became very apparent to me that Larry Rice and his associates genuinely care about involving and educating the clerks. Larry has allowed me to sit in on depositions and interviews with clients, and he has also taken me to Court to sit in on motion hearings.

                Although I have only been clerking for Rice, Amundsen and Caperton, PLLC. for three weeks, I am certain that my experiences here will leave me with invaluable knowledge that I could not learn in a classroom. The past three weeks have been a whirlwind, but I am excited for what the future holds for me as a law clerk at Rice, Amundsen and Caperton, PLLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment