Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Clerking for a Memphis Divorce Attorney


           After 3 weeks of studying for finals, it is great to be back clerking at Rice, Amundsen, and Caperton, PLLC.  I think the staff was ready for us to be back too.  Now I am gearing up for a summer full of learning about what it takes to be successful in the field of family law.  No longer will I see just a snapshot of a case, but the entire picture.  I look forward to observing cases progress from the initial client interview, strategy sessions, drafting of documents, motions, mediation and preparing for trial.  The nice thing about clerking at Rice, Amundsen, and Caperton PLLC is that I know that I will not be a passive learner.  I will actively participate in each stage of a case as well.  

Drafting documents is something that I need to improve on over the summer.  Luckily, I have the forms provided in Larry’s book as a great starting point.  Each time I get an assignment, I go right to Larry’s forms and they provide a solid foundation for the document I need to draft.  If you are clerking at a law firm this summer, are a new attorney dealing with family law, or are just looking for a quality book to make your practice more efficient and effective, I encourage you to pick up a copy of The Complete Guide to Divorce Practice by Larry Rice.  I am confident the forms will become a part of your daily drafting routine and will be invaluable to your work this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment