Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Clerking at Rice Law: by Laura Pratt

Clerking for a Memphis Family Law Attorney

I wasn't sure what type of atmosphere to expect when I started working at Rice, Amundsen, and Caperton. I have been told that practicing family law, primarily divorce, can become very depressing. Therefore, I wasn't sure how enjoyable it would be to work for an attorney whose primary practice area is divorce. However, I have enjoyed the atmosphere and the people I have met over the last week. Everyone has been very helpful, which is good because I have needed a lot of help. Everyone also seems to get along well with each other and are able to joke around, which I have found is rare in an office setting. I can tell that the staff takes their work very seriously, but they also seem to value the way they treat one another. Needless to say, I have been pleasantly surprised by how un-depressing it's been to work for at a Memphis divorce law firm.

Memphis Divorce Lawyer

I am looking forward to learning more practical skills from the experienced staff at Rice, Amundsen, and Caperton. So far, I have had the opportunity to observe Mr. Rice in court, sit-in on a client interview, learn from the office staff, figure out where the paper goes in the copy machine, and push a dollie through the courthouse. My first week of work has been far more experiential than I had anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment